Work with New River Radio Group!
On-Air Talent CHR/Top 40
Multi-Media Advertising Sales
New River Radio Group, Blacksburg VA is looking to add to our talented team of Multi-Media Account Managers. We are seeking a person who excels at new business development, generating leads and driving business growth for our local client partners. At your disposal will be a full complement of resources including 4 premier radio stations (WBRW, WPSK, WRAD and WVHK), a Creative Services Department, a Digital Services Department and a full staff dedicated to your success.
Job description: Sell advertising within the assigned territory or accounts. Master and understand the value of radio advertising along with strengths and position of the New River Radio group of stations in the Blacksburg Metro and New River Valley at-large. Focused selling of local radio, sports play-by-play and digital advertising products.
- Excellent communicator with high level of verbal skills and written skills
- Strong prospecting and business development proficiency.
- 2 years minimum successful outside sales preferred with a verifiable track record.
- The Account Manager must provide their own reliable transportation and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the internet.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will provide valuable consultative services to small, mid-size and large firms and bring a concentrated focus on business development for both you and your clients
- Prospect for new accounts and identify local businesses that have a need for our products and services
- Set appointments, meet with clients, make sales presentations and execute contracts.
- Establish weekly/daily/monthly sales plan and then execute that plan.
- As required by the client assist with writing advertising copy.
- Coordinate the production and scheduling of advertising with the production and traffic departments.
- If needed work in conjunction with the Promotions/Program Director to develop sales promotion programs that fit your client’s needs and requests.
- Meet established revenue requirements
- Collect past due account receivables and work with the credit manager on problem accounts.
- Develop strategic and integrated plans to provide solutions to those challenges
- Closely monitor the progress of all client campaigns to ensure maximum success